The old parish church of Sant Martí is a Gothic tradition building with Renaissance elements that was built at the beginning of the 16th century in a point equidistant from the main masies of Cerdanyola and the castle of Sant Marçal.
In the 18th century it was reformed following the Baroque style, especially in the interior decoration. In 1936, during the Spanish Civil War, the interior of the church was burned down and more than a hundred people were buried suspected of being close to the coup plotters and a small group of anarchists. In 2003, restoration works began on the basis of the documentary and architectural study of the building and the recovered graphic documentation.
Although the works are still ongoing, the church is open to the public regularly and in it you can see a small exhibition about its history. Besides, it also hosts cultural activities.
Two elements related to the church stand out: the 15th-17th century pottery set, which completes the choir and the funerary Modernist and Noucentista monuments of the cemetery, among which La Pietat (“The Piety”), by Josep Viladomat, has been relocated to the interior of the temple.